The seventeenth edition of LPM Live Performers Meeting is from 12nd to 14th May in the spaces of Tolhuistuin in Amsterdam.
LPM 2016 Amsterdam offers the unique opportunity to experience 3 days of audiovisual performances, VJing, workshops, panel discussion, product showcases presented by more than 300 VJs, audiovisual artists, new media professionals and thinkers from 40 countries all around the world.
Indeed this community of artists made the LPM 2015 Rome edition a surprising event. We hosted more than 300 artists, 220 performances, workshops and showcases, recording an overall amount of 39 participant countries.
Thanks to the contribution of the European Community, in the latest years the LPM project was brought aboard, to produce many foreign editions as in Minsk (2011), Mexico City (2013), Cape Town (2013) and Eindhoven (2014) in addition to those held Rome (2011-2012-2013-2015).
Again, this XVII edition seeks to promote the practice of live video performance, thanks to a rich and unpredictable program aimed at exploring different themes through new audiovisual languages, techniques and technologies.
The daily schedule of the event:
15:00 to 21:00 Workshops
15:00 to 16:00 Lectures and conferences
16:00 to 18:00 Presentations of projects and products
18:00 to 04:00 AV Performances and VJ / DJ sets
Vj, artists, designers, professionals and the general public will be involved in the manifold planned activities: from experimental audiovisual performances, architectural mapping shows, and DJVJ sets to workshops, roundtables, and presentations of products and hardware, with a special regard for Free and Open Source projects. Meeting areas devoted to the interaction among the hundreds of participants will be the corollary for the whole duration of the event.
To attend the meeting, participants must register by following the procedures in the "participate [participate/]" section of the website, by choosing from several subscription options. To give the opportunity to host as much performances as we can receive, the maximum duration of each show is 30 minutes. Registration is open until April 27, 2016.
Through our 14 years of experience, we were able to draw a conceptual map of the trends that have most influenced the creation of live video performances, and the program of this edition reflects and investigates these trends:
• Live Cinema: works performed exclusively live, capable of demonstrating a narrative and experimental approach; projects in continual tension between perceptive experience and performative act.
• Video Mapping: a technique of video-projection that can animate architectural volumes. The effect is spectacular and exciting, it confuses and seduces our perceptions through the dialogue among images and tridimensional surfaces.
• Digital Freedoms: activism and beauty, aesthetic database, data visualization of public or private data; these forms of artistic expression have been able over time to both inform and activate the consciences of people around the world.
• Visual gender: thanks to the critical tension among gender studies, queer theory and contemporary art, the vision of the body, the sexual identity is disconnected from the stereotype of LGBT and video language becomes an instrument of emancipation of the genre.
• Generative Visual: thanks to an encoding of the active and reactive world around us new digital biospheres offer to the public the experience of complex networks composed of simple sensory-bit binary codes.
• Stereoscopic 3D: stereoscopic vision allows three-dimensional display of standard video content for a complete perceptive immersion. Ad hoc software and technologies are used to manipulate the visual perception of space to create "augmented" worlds.
LPM is designed as a place of dialogue, comparison and exchange of ideas and information between artists and fans in the field that are accustomed to meet, communicate and interact mostly in the virtual space of the network.
A real meeting place, a space that fulfills an important opportunity for dialogue and exchange, LPM encourages research, experimentation, the encounter between different forms of artistic expression, the interaction of multiple techniques and digital technologies, analog, software and hardware. LPM is an unmissable spectacle during which the audience has the chance to meet the world's largest selection of artists active in the field of live video performances.
The Meeting aims to promote transnational movement and exchange of ideas, artworks and artists. All funds recovered by LPM are invested to support innovative research and experimentation in the field of live visuals with the latest technologies. LPM is part of AVNODE, whose objective is to improve and promote the veejaying culture worldwide.
Realized in collaboration with international partners and co-organizers, the project includes a series of previews and promotional events focused on live video to be held inAustria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Turkey and United Kingdom, during the most important European festivals and cultural events.
LPM - Live Performers Meeting is part of the cooperation project LPM 2015> 2018 co-funded by the Creative Europe culture programme of the European Union, involving 14 events a year for three years, carried out by 13 partners from 12 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Czech, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Turkey and United Kingdom.
LPM is produced and organized by Flyer Communication, Linux Club and FLxER.net.